April 7, 2009

Sneaky, sneaky

The first time I took my shaman into arenas--wait. Let me rephrase. The only time I set foot in arenas was on my shaman. We died horribly, quickly, and frustratingly. I was resto at the time, and I'd heard that was one of the best arena spec/class combos out back then. So, how was I roflstomped so easily?

I mean, aside from inexperience, since I just admitted I was a total noob.

Stealth and stuns.

In all of the opposing teams, we had rogues or druids or both coming up and taking me out before my team mates could blink. I had no idea what totems were helpful or not at the time, and I became the easiest target they'd ever seen.

PvP is a skill you have to cultivate, but at the time it seemed that stealth classes were easy-mode. I'll still get completely dismantled by a good rogue in PvP, even with a little more experience under my belt. It has nothing to do with being a noob, though. Rogue PvP seems to be a game of patience, and luck. Once those are both on the rogue's side, it's time to say hello to your friendly neighborhood graveyard.

I could be wrong, though. My rogue is still in her mid-20s. And, while I love her to death, I'm a long way from mastering rogue PvP skills. Okay, I'm still a noob. But some day, when you least expect it, she'll be 80 and lurking in Wintergrasp. While my paladin and mage friends are distracting you, looking like easy honor kills, I'll be patient.

I'll be lucky.

And you'll be dead.

1 comment:

Borin said...

I should start working on my rogue, he's 46ish i think now. Maybe I'll start trying to jump out of the shadows at your hordie hunter!

Gnome Ganked, what a way to go. >.<