April 10, 2009

My Ghoulfriend's Ghoulfriend


Last night in Naxx we were giving people an afk break about half way through, and our vent conversation turned to ghoul names. They're obviously randomly generated from two lists, a creepy noun and another creepy noun ending in -er. (It sounds a lot better than RandomPetName, which is what they all started out with on beta. See?)

Sometimes when you put two creepy words like that together, you end up with something creepy. I had a cool ghoul name the other week when Corpsegobbler popped up. More often than not, it comes up pretty silly. I've had the name "Eyeleaper" come up a few times, and it makes me giggle quite a bit. "Mudbender" was another one of those silly names that I think only Avatar fans could find cool. In fact, the one ghoul I've had that ended up with the name Mudbender got me killed in short order. I'm sure it's happened to just about anyone with a pet class, where you'll set your pet on something and they chase each other half way across the zone for some reason. This one ran into the middle of the cultist's camp in Terokkar Forest before I could try to call him back, and pulled about ten mobs with him. I was never so happy to see a pet die, and I'll curse that random name forever.

If you play a death knight, or you've just been looking at other people's pets, what's your favorite random ghoul name? Has something particularly funny caught your eye? Or, how about a ghoul name that would actually be appropriate for a ghoul?

No comments: