March 4, 2009

Those Nifty Extras

Instead of playing with my UI yesterday, I sat around working on my novel. How boring of me!

So, instead of talking about my UI and rambling about that for a bit, I'm going to ramble about those nifty extras you go back to old dungeons for. I mentioned my Orb of Deception yesterday. A lot of people have mentioned that they run to the Dire Maul arena to kill rare mobs for those to drop. It's perilous though, since some people are in the habit of letting someone else do all the work and then killing the player when the rare spawn reaches around 20%. I'm glad I never ran into that frustration in search of an in-game toy!

In Naxx a couple weeks ago, a paladin friend of mine pulled out an Eye of Arachnida. These seem to be getting more popular now that so many people are hunting for the Baron's Mount in Stratholme. I've soloed the place more than once on my death knight. If that death knight Rivendare can have the cool mount, why can't Wee?

Of course, I've heard stories of people running through Magisters' Terrace, usually with their SO, to pick up a Phoenix Hatchling. I would love to try for that myself, and perhaps see what it would take to get a crack at the Chocobo. I mean, hawkstrider.

I've got a wish list about a mile long. I know my druid wants the raven mount, but that might have to wait a while. There are so many things to do, and so little time to accomplish them all!

No comments: