August 7, 2008

Preparing for WotLK

A few months ago, I was frustrated when it was confirmed that Death Knights wouldn't get any special treatment as far as character slots are concerned. I'd had high hopes that I wouldn't have to delete any characters, but in the end my lowbies had to go. My sister-in-law had created Horde characters on my home server (pve), and I wanted to be able to play with her. I ended up deleting three Alliance characters and making two Horde characters, and I have one spot open for a Death Knight.

The empty space is taunting me. It used to belong to a draenei warrior that I'd loved playing. She was the first time a warrior really clicked with me, but I just never had time to play her.

Every time I log onto the game now, there's that button at the bottom. "Create New Character". Some days it's a sad reminder of how fun my little warrior was. Some days it's a shining beacon of hope that Death Knights will be SO much cooler, and I won't have to slog through the 'tween levels again. I've got four characters pre-Outlands right now, and I'm sick of leveling them.

Hell, I think the best thing about Death Knights is I won't have a level 50 quest telling me to go into the hell that is Sunken Temple. Someone once asked me if I wanted to go ST with them, and in a streak of honesty I said I'd rather have a root canal. I know it's cool and popular to hate Gnomer more, but ST is my bane. And I'll NEVER have to go there on a DK.

Maybe that, right there, makes deleting my warrior a thing worth doing....

No comments: