June 1, 2009

It's Monday...

...so I think I'll start this up again. My eyesight is still a bit fuzzy, but I'm not sick anymore!

What have I been doing this whole time? Mostly busywork, and until last week all my game time was spent soloing. I couldn't see well enough to heal, and mostly did some leveling on my paladin by remembering quests or squinting at the screen for five minutes.

Remember. Don't mess around when it comes to your eyes. Learn from my mistake.

Anyway! Before I start sounding like a public service announcement, I had some exciting times in Ulduar last week! We skipped Ignius entirely and tried to make a mad dash toward Mimiron for some actual progression. Thursday we tore through the place and left a scant few bosses behind. We rocked Flame Leviathan with one tower up, and we're planning on hitting him harder next time. We took longer than we wanted to on Thorim and Hodir, so we finished off Iron Council and left Freya as a warm up act for Saturday.

Saturday went well, too. I'm still not in top form, and our favorite pally tank was gone for the day, but despite that we poked our head in on Mimiron and made some good progress. First phase is a healer's nightmare, though I got the easy part with healing through napalm. Second phase we started out with a few too many people clumped together, so we'd be targeted too long to heal through. That was fixed by moving one of our healers between the two ranged groups all by himself, and that got us through to phase three.

Phase three Mimiron sucks. The adds hated us. The bomb bots loved to oneshot me. We ended up moving further away and had a ret pally grab the bomb bots. Something tells me that'll be my job when we're finally able to bring Wee in there for more than just Flame Leviathan. But, if the adds get taken care of right, we've got phase three.

Not so much phase four. We got to phase four with eight people up on our last attempt, and that's where we lost it. Oh boy, did we ever lose it. It was glorious, though! All three healers were still up, and we did our best. But, at that point it was just total chaos as everyone was just so happy to be to phase four that we weren't sure what to do next.

I'm worried about this week, though. Our main tank was away, so we had a DK tank. His cooldowns were a bit more forgiving than our pally tank's cooldowns, for mitigating the instakill in phase one. I'm sure we'll work something out, but we're a bit worried that we're going to have a bit of trouble with it. We need more dps before that's not an issue, I think. And, since I got all of Freya's loot Saturday that means we didn't get dps upgrades from her. Yeah, I was excited about that, but embarrassed, but we need more dps upgrades now for people who will be here every raid day.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. Maybe we've got this in the bag, and the loot from the other bosses, as well as the loot we'll get this week, will be enough. Maybe our tank will get upgrades so he isn't going to die horribly in a oneshot of doom. Or, maybe it'll take us a few more weeks as we continue to get the same shaman drops every week that are getting sharded.

Enough speculation for now. Mimiron will go down, and we'll move on to the real meat and potatoes of the raid. Yoggy must die. And then? More hard modes than just Flame Leviathan.

So, I'll leave you with a banner. Hope springs eternal, and I want to win some of the drawings they've got going on. Specifically the trip to Blizzcon, because that would just rock.

Mountain Dew Game Fuel Alliance Banner

No comments: